About

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Introductions

I'm Ashley Scott and I'm a photographer located in the Salt Lake valley. I recently moved back to Utah from Chattanooga, Tennessee where my daughter and I lived since 2010. Before that, we lived here in Salt Lake City where I was born and raised. We loved Tennessee, our community, the weather (not so much the humidity) and the natural beauty that makes up the Tennessee Valley. We're so lucky to be back in Utah surrounded by the beautiful mountains, family and friends. We're home!

Photography is a huge passion of mine, but I never really had the tools, other than my iPhone, to capture awesome images I saw all around me. My awesome sister (and some close friends) saw my raw, unique talent and noticed that I had gone as far as I could with my iPhone's camera (I still have a soft spot for iPhone photography) and urged me to invest in a "real" camera. I took the plunge and bought my very first DSLR and life hasn't been the same since.

My photography style is casual, creative and detailed oriented using natural light. Letting kids run around in their element, jumping in puddles, sneaking shots of them examining a bug on a flower or whispering in a sibling's ear is so much more appealing to me than a forced smile in front of a fake backdrop. My goal is to capture the intimate moments in life; a husband and wife sharing a tender gaze while their little ones run rampant in the background, a genuine giggle caught between sisters and the intense emotion that is childbirth. I want to freeze these moments and give them to you to look back on and enjoy for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment